Wednesday, May 27, 2009

HOUSE OF DOUBLE "O": Summer '09 Collection

So I love to sketch clothes.............with Ankara at the back of my mind.

By Ankara, I mean most African prints- woodin, damask et all...........don't know the difference. I just think they can be used to make very very pretty clothes.

Half the time I sketch based on the Ankara(s) I have accuqired, thanks to my mates getting married (99% of the time I never get my material to the tailor on time, and even when I do- I never end up attending the weddings- Not a deliberate act.)

And so in the month of may, i had the luxury of playing around with a pen and pad........end result?!


Not fired up by this one anymore- but I guess colour and print design on the fabric could change all that.


Simple but Sassy


Sexy


Sophisticated & Simple 

Sophisticated (I can rock this thanks to the only strapless bra I know that actually holds big girls!- Thanks La Senza- u rock!- PS: This is not an AD :-))

Simple & Sexy

Sizzling Hot.......


These Were actually done for a workmate who had jugs to go for miles.........


I have this already made........really cute.

Ankara Diva......



My friend had this made.......All I can say about the real deal is......Hot!

.........Scrolling down, I noticed how my sketches emphasize boobs, and straight cuts.........LOL!

I am definitely doing this subconciously by using my body shape.

I hope to display the finished items someday...............(if I don't lose interest with the way tailors behave)

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At May 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Rebirth said...

permission to copy a style?

 
At May 29, 2009 at 11:42 PM , Blogger ~Sirius~ said...

@ Funms....Permission granted.

I hope I don't get lazy, I'll keep posting sketches

 
At May 30, 2009 at 4:13 AM , Blogger LG said...

lolll@funms, babes siddon there dey ask, me i don *cut the styles
:-)
*nwanyi'oma how far?

 
At June 3, 2009 at 3:44 AM , Blogger .. said...

Pretty Sketches..
LOL@ LG..
Off to admire and select ;)

 
At June 3, 2009 at 4:04 PM , Blogger aloted said...

nice work but someone can steal ur designs??

 
At June 11, 2009 at 1:11 AM , Blogger tobenna said...

My J does this too....
Its one of those things that I cannot bother understanding

 
At June 15, 2009 at 5:48 AM , Blogger SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

I used to love sketching my outfits and taking them to my mommy's tailor to be made. Ah, the good old days.

Anyway she, *ahem* me sef I don fap one style oh. Off to Mama Tope to start bargaining price. Getting stuff sewn over here can be super expensive.

 
At June 30, 2009 at 10:55 AM , Blogger LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there! {waves}

I am just traveling through the blogosphere, checking out some new blogs and seeing the work that others are putting out there!!

I hope you'll feel welcome to stop by my spot any time!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

 
At July 13, 2009 at 5:35 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

I like the sophisticated & simple...gosh, u're good!

 
At July 13, 2009 at 5:36 AM , Blogger Jennifer A. said...

I see I wasn't the only thinking of FAPPING...lol.

 
At July 17, 2009 at 8:01 AM , Blogger latishababy said...

i favor skirts and silk tops.

 
At September 5, 2009 at 1:50 PM , Blogger QMoney said...

this is how this celebs start oh...the irony is i don't see in 3dimension abi is it 2-dimension so i cant really picture the outfits proper but it looks encouraging....

 
At September 11, 2009 at 7:37 PM , Blogger Jess C said...

Love your designs. Been cutting up magazines for style inspirations and i just found one I love (I stole the idea from you :) and ive got the perfect fabric! Hope we'll be seeing House of double O in stores soon?

 
At October 1, 2009 at 3:32 AM , Blogger StR8 UP Desiree'D said...

haha, dats funny .. i too draw sketches! I freaking love it, just need to learn how to sew the damn thing :)... good work!

 
At December 25, 2009 at 8:49 AM , Blogger achoiceofweapons said...

Cool! Merry Christmas Love!
Mista Jaycee

 
At May 28, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such nice, cute designs!

 
At June 10, 2010 at 4:04 PM , Blogger Shona Vixen said...

hey girl, what's happened to House of O?

 
At November 10, 2010 at 1:15 AM , Blogger Mbabazi said...

i think this is the point were you allow us to officially steal your designs. can we see them real after youve made them.. thanks for the idea.
follow my blog at mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

 
At April 21, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Sam Oracle said...

Nice sketches, but they kinda look funny. I guess itz coz of the drawing. Good job

 
At November 6, 2011 at 11:38 AM , Blogger MissPf said...

Mehn, you can draw oh. Awesome sketches. Btw, nice blog.

Mine'z at http://misspweddyface.blogspot.com

 
At May 3, 2012 at 11:28 PM , Blogger Carol Lee said...

It's funny how a great dress just started from a simple sketch!

Utah web design

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home